Sunday, October 28, 2012

Cherry Cherry

Think about a cherry.... the feel, the smell, the taste, color. Write three memories or impressions that come to mind. Now use these three in a story.
Start with: Her cheeriness makes me...

Ex. 
1st : "Pretty please with a cherry on top"
2nd : "Red like a cherry"
3rd: Cherry coke.


Her cheeriness makes me think of cherries. It was sometimes too much to handle. While her favorite color was blue, she was red like a cherry. Always laughing, constantly talking, she was bright and bubbly. When she would come over she always had a cherry coke in her purse. Between words, she would pull it out of her bag and take small sips. After 20 sips, she would place the bottle in the freezer for exactly 5 minutes. I assumed she had OCD, but whenever someone would ask, she would quickly change the subject. I sometimes asked her for a drink but she always told me no and fixed me a glass of water. I sometimes begged "Pretty please with a cherry on top?" That always did the trick. She would take a small cup out of the cabinet and fill it up half-way with the cherry coke that I always looked forward to every day.

I would love to hear your version of the cherry cherry prompt, and your short story. Comment below, and come back daily for new prompts and ideas. (:

No comments:

Post a Comment