Monday, October 29, 2012

Word websites

One of my faults as a writer, is that I constantly have to search through a dictionary to find interesting words to jazz up my writing. When I try and think of a synonym for a word, my brain usually fails me.  But have no fear! If your like me, people have been kind enough to make this easier on us by creating websites for things of this nature. 

www.thesaurus.com is a very handy tool for authors looking for interesting words to use. It has a wide variety of different categories of words. For Halloween, it has a slideshow of the spookiest words in the English language, which in my eyes, is pretty neat. It includes a dictionary, thesaurus, quotes, reference guide, and translator. 






www.synonym.com is a basic dictionary and thesaurus website. On the homepage, it gives you a search bar with three tabs: synonym, antonym, and definition. If you are looking for a quick word, or are easily distracted by gadgets like the ones on the website above, this is the one for you.




These are my favorite websites to use when I am in a bind while writing. I hope you find the links helpful, and if you have any other websites you would like toshare, just comment below, and come back daily for new prompts and tips to spark your creativity (:

No comments:

Post a Comment