Sunday, October 28, 2012

Pick Six Writing Prompt

Without moving, write down six things within your line of vision, It can be an action, a person, item, texture, emotion, etc. After you pick your six things, use all of them in a story that begins: I was frozen in place.

Ex. My six things were a cat, a warm blanket, paints, my laptop, my phone, and a chair.

I was frozen in place when I woke up from a dead sleep. The temperature had quickly dropped to 30 degrees in the house. I glanced up and seen that my laptop screen was iced over, and my phone was black. My white paint had apparently gotten so cold it froze and the container it was in cracked open like a split watermelon. Momo, my orange tabby cat was lying on my desk chair,and being the lucky creature that he was, had fur, so I knew he was comfortable. I, on the other hand, definitely was not. I had a spare blanket on the top shelf of the closet, and stood up to get it. My bones were aching from the cold, but I kept creeping toward the blanket that seemed to radiate heat. I grabbed it and ran back to the bed so I could finally get relief from the cold.

1 comment:

  1. Wow,who knew that you could make a mini story out of just six random things in your sight.Everyone can always use a little help in writing!

    ReplyDelete